Monday, August 7, 2017

The biggest benefit from RWA17 by Barbara Edward

It's not that I’m exhausted. 

The RWA conference was great. Too many classes to attend them all, great speakers, publishers parties, and the location at Disney added to too much to take in all at once. The panel I spoke at was interesting and informative.

I had to buy the recording of the classes. My mind was so stuffed with information it felt like a soaked sponge.

My roommates Anna and Kelly, were the best. 

I got to see Animal Kingdom and loved it.



I stayed at the Dolphin.

So here I am at home, working at getting organized. I have to set myself goals. 

So: Work on my Civil War re-enactment story and get it sent out. Finish the two paranormals for my series. Work on my romantic suspense.

Does that sound like a big goal? Sure. But its what I want to do. I’m a writer. 

It’s one of the benefits of attending the conference. It reminded me that I write because I have dreams. I got all caught up in the promo stuff and spent hours at other tasks, not writing. 

I’m turning that around. I’m going back to my old schedule. Write in the morning until the well runs dry. Other things come after I’m done.

I’ll check back in  couple weeks and let you know how I’m doing.



Please follow, friend or like me. I love to hear from my readers.

Amazon Author’s Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003F6ZK1A



7 comments:

Leah St. James said...

I love writing conferences for the exact reason you mentioned--they remind you in so many ways that you are a writer, and it's fun and enriching just from a fill-the-motivation-well kind of way to be with other writers. I'm going back to basics myself. Your goal list sounds challenging, but I know you can do it!

Rolynn Anderson said...

You mention the 'thing' that makes conferences great for me, too. I'm reinvigorated, I re-set my goals, and I try to see myself among the big-sellers...the old affirmation strategy...'I am a best-selling author,' (now act like one!) Go for it, Barb!

Jannine Gallant said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the conference. Good luck with your goals, barb!

Brenda whiteside said...

Nothing like getting energized. I'm glad it was good for you.

Diane Burton said...

After a conference or writers' retreat, I always feel energized. Even after our monthly meetings, I feel charged up. RWA conference can be so overwhelming. I learned not to try to do everything. You can't. I hope you had plenty of downtime, too. I need to follow your example and write first, promo later. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Margo Hoornstra said...

RWA2017 was a little overwhelming. It does rev you up to set goals, writing goals. Do keep us posted on your progress.

Alicia Dean said...

So glad you had fun! I agree, writing conferences really do help renew and restore our writing mojo. Good luck with the goals!